Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kill the flare, numb the symptoms

A very rare glimps into an actual real time convo about something not abstract for once:
I just paged my doctor
  it felt kinda weird dictating and having someone else type my msg
2:09 PM like... tables turn lol
  "Please call (insert name) at (insert number) Re: Urgent Post-op advice needed"
  that was my msg
2:10 PM If I can predict him he wud say 1. Up my dose of metho from 4 to 5 a week and/or 2. A short course of steroids to reduce the inflammation
  both I would protest to. I wud acquiesce to #1 ... and fight down #2 as much as possible
2:11 PM Steroids WOULD kill these flare symptoms instantly... and I wud feel on top of the world
  but the side effects... :( I made a promise years ago dat I wud NEVER EVER go back on it
2:12 PM I already had countless hydrocorticosteroid shots in d hospital.. but dat was to make sure I survive d surgery. daz life or death...

Why so urgent? Why so worried? - tramadol, acetaminophen and codeine in my system, bed-rest and 4 hrs later... I can now finally go into the kitchen and comfortably reach my cup to my mouth and swallow...

THAT my friends, is not good... not good at all. That's too much pain, too much time and way too much drugs :(

No comments: