Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 2 - I need someone to hit me on the head

After my last post, I decided to chill on bed and watch a nice movie... something to take my mind off everything. Relax, distract and maybe get sleepy... Ghost of Girlfriends Past.

10:00am ... Just 2 hours after taking meds and lathering in calamine lotion... I discover it's spreading, getting worst... *sighs* I stood applying calamine to spot after spot after spot and eventually lost my count at around 50 :( ...

10:30am... I page my doctor, letting him know it's getting worst

11:15am... He calls me. First thing first, I gotta pop 20mgs of steroids and wait it out. Secondly, I need to find out if we are using any new detergent, soap, perfume... anything...

What can I be so allergic too?? Is it something that new that it's taken me my entire life to be exposed to it... or is it my immune system just totally out of whack from surgery etc... that I have randomly developed an allergy?

Oh... it's 1 month post op :) This morning I realized that both surgeries were exactly 9 months apart... Thursday November 26th 2009 and Thursday August 26th 2010... Same day, same date.

So back to the title... I need someone to hit me over the head, knock me out unconscious and then I wake up when the meds have worked..

4 comments:

DeadEyes-_- said...

Damn... like geez, I hope you get through this ok, my fellow blogger, I know how painful it is to break out like that. Not my own experience, but I had to see someone close to me all miserable with them :(

Feel better soon chic! And watch more movies, it's great.. .lol

Tunks said...

Thank you my fellow blogger... I am really appreciating this!! I actually blogged thinking that no 1 would even read it... it was just an avenue to get it out and have it documented somewhere... so you reading this stuff is awesome!

I wish allergic reactions like this on NO one... must be tough looking @ a loved one go through it as well.

I shall be okie soon... just need some more time and plenty plenty self ctrl :p hehe

DeadEyes-_- said...

Well chick, truth be told, I'm on my comp a lot, and I like reading blogs from here in Trinidad, so I actually comment on the ones I think are interesting, your blog's cool! :) And your name there is adorable lols. And the fact that you documented an illness reminded me of well me! Lols

Tunks said...

Ahhh I live online as welll! Your blog is really cool as well, I am yet to go through it all. Thanks bout the name :)
I would ask what illness you speak off, but I'm gonna guess it would be on your blog :p