Saturday, September 11, 2010

Green Room


I'm lying here in a green room with green curtains & a solid line of super sunshine peaking through the corner. It's hard to tell it's 4pm cuz of the rugs and sheets hung behind the curtains to keep the light out. It's no wonder that the 1 month or so I spent in my own bedroom was such an acclimatizing experience cuz it's so bright in there! Green curtains once again but so thin they may as well have been just a formality... and a skylight! Yes a skylight triangle of glass, squaring off the top of the window to the peak of my roof. I learned to sleep in the light in that room.. my eyes taught themselves to naturally close with glare and over the years, I became more comfortable sleeping with light in my eyes than in darkness.

Darkness brings me to life. Darkness makes me open my eyes to see what I cannot... & all my senses are piqued. Darkness brings all the thoughts and feelings out from their little box of conformity.

Darkness is you

No comments: