Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday

Sunday is over. Thank Goodness!

Yesterday we were plagued with the 'cleaning syndrome'... Eid and Divali is coming up this weekend and I'm sure countless households have been inflected with this 'Cleaning syndrome' as well. Now, I had no intentions of being contaminated, so I stayed away from all such activities. To be honest, I'm really lucky I came out unscathed (so far)

I stayed up really late last night trying to finish some home work for Sociology. It really is a lot of reading, thinking and of course, writing. Actually, I've never studied this subject before in my life, so technically, it's a lot of learning, in the true sense of the word. Anyways, I eventually got fed up with all the writing (seeing as I can never write as fast as my mind is thinking) and just typed out all my answers instead. Ah well, but that's done as well, and I couldn't be happier. Despite falling asleep around 4am, I still managed a sweet, deep, solid 8 hrs sleep :) It's always a nice feeling waking up, without an alarm, knowing your body has been fully rested and rejuvenated for a new day. And a new day it is!

Come to think of it... my entries are becoming more like that of the old Tunks... but with less Trini slang. This style is dipping into my 2003 archives where I was generally happier with fewer responsibilities outside of the academic world. I may not have fewer responsibilities now, but I have a different mindset and reorganized priorities than I did over the last 3 years. Some changes, though greatly resisted, really are good for us. But don't worry, I'll mix it up.

No comments: