Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The first at last begins

Writer's block is far more commonly found in the presence of too much, not too little will. -- Victoria Nelson

A fellow blogger passed on an article to me on writers block after I complained senselessly about feeling the symptoms. That quote extracted stopped me in my tracks … and that’s an amazing thing since I’ve been running full speed on the reading track while my writers’ shoes lay collecting dust. Ah but with that said, I think this falls a bit in my garden… ok maybe not, its smack down in the center of my plate. This overwhelming will to say something and not being able to find the words has been giving me a headache… or is it the other way around?

A few weeks ago I came off some steroids, which has been in my system for over a year or so… and since then I’ve been battling with the withdrawal symptoms. One of them I didn’t anticipate was the super painful headaches, which once begun, hasn’t till this day seemed to have properly stopped. A ‘brewing headache’ as someone had put it… was what I found myself with. Still I refused to take anything for it. The pain pulsates and oozes slowly from around the optic nerves and at the back of my head and slowly… very slowly begins to radiate throughout. It’s reached a point where my head was sensitive to the actual physical touch. Hmmm… I’ll say that sucks big time.

It was today however, that the doctor revealed to me that I’ve been suffering from the infamous enemy of many… Migraines. Who would have thought? Probably everyone who witnessed my misery and not myself, but oh well. Things should be better soon.



I had stopped blogging about ‘what’s really going on’ or ‘whaz d real scene’. I think I needed to ease up on being my greatest critic and start become my favorite fan as well… It's all good :)

3 comments:

aka_lol said...

Hey, I am glad the ideas have found a free road again. Creative overflow (aka writers block)is like a traffic jam. Too many cars and too few roads.

When people ignore the creative part of their life for too long they become like the rest of the world, predictable and in bed by 9:00 p.m. In bed by nine may not be such a bad thing depending on......

Everybody needs a muse and a change of scenery might do the trick. I think there are many ways to express creativity and sometimes the best form of creativity is simply being happy :)

Tunks said...

A change of scenery freal... that I'll achieve over the new few days.

Anonymous said...

i always look foward to anything by you tunks