Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hope so real I can taste it

Hi everyone

So what has been up lately?

I beseech you to take this moment as you are reading this to silently 'count your blessings' - no matter how difficult and unfair you beleive life to be... There is always something to be thankful for.

Cool Scenes

I remember, when I got ill a few years ago - the intensity of it all was so overwhelming, hard and fast, disorienting and so on. Then, I was young. All I know is that I skipped that stage that most ppl tend to be stuck at - that is the "Why me?" Stage. I don't know how or why... but It seems as tho the pain was so real and reality so harsh, that at that age I jus went from being healthy to accepting that I was sick. I never asked why. I never questioned and lamented the injustice. I accepted it and hated it at the same time.

I moved on with life, as life allowed me to - or rather my health. Thats the way its been - one day @ a time. I got through CXC, made it to A levels and got through that as well - Then, the big decision had to be made.

Upon applying for UWI, I knew in a way that didn't need brainstorming, that I was in for a huge battle... I knew that with my volatile illness, that walking would become a problem sometimes, writing will become a problem... I knew it was going to be tough. And yet I accepted it and just went on.

Now, I'm in the middle of yet another health issue - and as I stood outside the UWI health center, listening to my mother lament my choice @ persuing further academics instead of resting for health purposes, and commenting on the fact that I can't seem to find any sort of outstanding stability... I realised that though all this is true, it is also accepted as my choice. I knew that there will be hurdles to cross. I knew this was going to be difficult. And I knew that I did not want to give up - take 3 months off according to the doctor, go on medical leave etc etc. I've reached this far... WHY should I?

Upon reflection I marvle @ my ability to keep up - somehow - academically. Though so many take it for granted. Being ill in itself, as much as a deterant it can be, it is the greatest motivator I have.

Negativity and fear - dissapointment and anxiety - dissonance and unforgiveness ... I need to sort these things out. I need to walk the positive path. And stay there. I know of another who drowns himself in the total acceptance of a doomed life. And I've been there as well. But I don't want to think logically... As I said, Life is trancending.

Do you beleive in miracles? I accepted it as part of life, without actually stopping a moment to actually believe in it. I accepted that ppl are cured and healed without really drawing any relevance to myself. I basked in the knowledge of all that is understood...rather than trying to understand what I know...

I'm at a total lost for words now. So I guess that ends this.

PS: Zim - I see you - my friend

It's one of the Hardest things to do - but Love yourself my ppl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tunks. We all love those lyrics of "I walk alone". I guess that they are quite reflective of our lives sometimes huh? Well, just remember that we walk alone at times but when we find our true inner happiness, we feel at peace in this world...keep searching for that inner peace and love. Peace out {b4 i start to sound mushy or sappy, lol}

Anonymous said...

Hey chic,
Luv the site....soooooooo interesting. I was so saddened to hear that you have not been well...it was really shocking to know that it hit u soo bad...really! But just know that I am praying for you and I am sure all the girls too...we luv yah and missin yah plenty. Take care....and until we meet,take it easy.
Ps. Thanks for the birthday greeting....u soooooo sweet!

Tunks said...

Thanks gurls :)