Monday, March 14, 2005

From my heart to yours

Today was a day like no other.

I walked to campus the scorching sun...overwhelmingly so, yet made it to class fairly intact of my bodyily fluids which somehow seemed lacking yet didn't show. Now, the thing about UWI that I never stopped marvling about, is again the volatility of campus life. I walked into class thanking the goods God's for the heavenly wiff of air condition, sat in a chair a bit strained, hot and bothered but thankful. Thirty minuits later... I'm hugging my bag and myself and books and all that I could find in a somewhat vain attempt at retaining body heat. I mean... is that healthy? It sure is interesting to observe and note though. I'm again thankful for the humours temparament of our lecturer and my lighthearted idle approach which made room for lots of laughter which kept the cold (freezing cold) of our minds ... for awhile.

Thanks. Its something that is so rarely expressed. I know for sure I'm guilty of it. Yet in the wake of all that was mentioned in previous entries, I've sought to relay these sentiments wherever I saw possible. This shall remain ongoing.

I'm fine. I'm good. I'm ok. I'm happy. I'm great. I'm well.

I have an amazingly good support system. My home base, friend base and 'the gurls' - My housemates - home away from home. These things I never saw and appreciated for all that was deserving of such... but now that I do, I count my blessings yet again. And now I wish to extend to others, that which I wish for myself. Five months into living away from my family for most of the days at least - it finally all dawned on me. How blessed I am. How fortunate to say the least to have my housemates. Adjusting and experincing life in UWI, life away from home, life on a whole... I don't know what I would have done without them. My love, thanks and heartfeltappreciation goes out to you.

I miss my friends. But I miss them in a way that leaves a smile on my face and a bitter sweet aching in my heart. Because I know than in our hearts, we are all together. I miss that previously known significant him. There are things about that relationship which shouldn't be left unsaid. Immense feelings of appreciation and realization that I now refuse to let die a silent death or be taken alive to the grave with me. I Love these people.

You can only give that which you have on the inside. I say to you again, life is transending. And with that, hear me on this one... Love is transending. It really is.

No comments: