Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Stiff?

A few minutes into one of my classes today, my lecturer suddenly looked in my direction and asked "You have a stiff neck?" ... I said "Who, me?" ... she said "yeah"... I said "Yeah kinda"... *pause*... "You can see it?" ... She said "Yeah" ....... Then we continued on our discussion about how childhood disorders differ from those of different ages.

My discussion ended there for awhile though, least in my head... I couldn't help but wonder how noticeable my symptoms are becoming; if it was something more pronounced lately because of the stress of upcoming exams, or was it because she was just observant and happened to be at just the right angle such that I had to twist my body to see her, or if this is how it's always been and  I just got so accustomed to it, as much as those closest to me such that these disabilities have become part of who I am.

So yeah, I cannot:

  • Turn my head much
  • Make a fist
  • Drop my shoulders
  • Reach my hands behind my back
  • Fold my legs
  • Walk fast
As much as I would like to think that I've forgotten these things, adjusting and functioning in a seemingly normal way requires effort and thus, cognition. 

No comments: