Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The night I slept...

Last night, after a very long demanding weekend and I guess an equally long and demanding week... I got home about 8pm and by 9pm I dropped on bed, absolutely exhausted... but happily so. I smiled so hard on the inside knowing that I didn't have to wake up to face any Monday type modes of normalcy and for that moment my entire being resonated with appreciation.

I then got a sudden feeling of I have no idea what. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and I swear to God, I could hear my eyelids sweep over my eyes and hear the muscles contract as I closed them even tighter and then like a wave passing through me, I felt every single pore raise, starting from my eyes, down my face, neck, chest, arms, hands, stomach, pelvis, thighs, legs to my toes... then back up to my head. My entire body was just a mass of tingling electrons for a few seconds...

*exhale* I pulled my blanket over me, rolled over to my side, snuggled nicely with my pillow and within moments I was fast asleep.

I woke up 16 hours later

2 comments:

kingofsorrow said...

i'm jealous. i'm so tired, i can only imagine getting so much rest. sweet dreams ghul.

Tunks said...

I would be deceitful if I were to tell you it was not medically assisted... but it sure was GOOD!

*yawn* let's try to get some sleep now :)