Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Divinely Ochestrated

It's a special night. It's the 85th birthday of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. The added importance of this night is in what it brought for me exactly one year ago.

A year ago, I was on the short notice waiting list for my first THR surgery. I spent weeks upon weeks preparing myself, physically, mentally, emotionally, medically etc... and I eventually did get the call asking me to come in the next morning to be admitted. I thought I was ready, but I totally freaked out. I cried and cried, if only to myself, lost in a spiral of panic. Then something happened and the surgery got postponed. I woke up the next day and did something I never do considering the volatility of my health, i.e. make plans! I printed out the November 2009 month calender on a piece of paper and filled almost every day with things I wanted to do. I spoke to the Lord and the Universe and said in no uncertain terms, that I am GOING to get everything on that list done! I am going to make it to every event and then, only then, I will get the call again for surgery.


Such was my month of November. Packed! Filled with things to do, places to go and most importantly, I was able to attend all the rehearsals and perform with the Sai Youth for the National Birthday Programme that year. Oh... I even dyed my hair pink!

Then came November 23rd 2009...

I went to my Sai Centre for the Birthday Satsangh and I remember on the drive back home, I closed my eyes, leaned my head against the car door while letting the air from outside hit my face... cool breeze, nice sweet nighttime air. I remember having this overwhelming feeling of contentment and just feeling happy. I looked to the sky and I whispered ... 'I'm ready'. That night I left my phone on 'loud' instead of switching it to silent as I normally would... and I went to sleep. A few hours later I was awoken by the ring ring ring ... and there it was, my surgery call!

I should mention that 'coincidentally' enough, the Birthday Satsangh at my Sai Centre was actually the last thing on the November month calender I had printed and stuck on my fridge. I had completed them all!

One year ago today... I let go and let God and the universe worked everything out in the most divinely orchestrated way. Nothing happens before it's time.

5 comments:

DeadEyes-_- said...

Dammit girl, you make me realise things about life. Your words hit me like a nerve burning slap on the face! You filled your life, when you thought had to let go, sigh. ^^ Just letting it flow. Have you seen Something New? That was their theme lol, "let go, let flow" Very wonderful to see you have it here in a lovely illustrative eg.

Tunks said...

oh my! Sorry for that slap! Reminds me of a Shakespear quote about words as weapons. Nope I haven't seen 'Something New' ... it's a movie? Tell me more! :D

DeadEyes-_- said...

Yes! It is! Well, lol, I'm a girl who likes lil romancy cute-y things, so, tee hee. It's actually about this corporate young black woman, who is very aware that her sex and race can be potential limitations in her field. She's a bit uptight, and her friends want her to be a little more open and outgoing, so one of them was like, "Let Go, Let Flow!"

One of her co-workers sets her up on a blind date, and it gets even more interesting from there! Please watch it, it's nice ^^

Tunks said...

I checked out the trailer!!!
The Mentalist dude in it! NICEEEE hehehe thanks for suggesting it!

Derek Ramdatt said...

Tanz, if i never told you before, i think you're an amazing person! Swami surely knew what he was doing when he made you and even ur illness was all his plan. You were meant to be an example of how to live for the rest of us poor saps who think life is a drag. You really are a chip off the old block.