Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Short's not too bad

My maid has been in and around a lot these days - cleaning this perpetually cluttered house.

While packing back the space-saver, with the use of our mini ladder, she said
"see, it's not a good thing when you're so short"

I wondered if short people fell down easier than tall people.
I wondered if tall people fell down easier than short people.
I wondered if it hurt them as much if they fell, as a tall person will hurt.
I wondered if having less body mass means less areas to hurt if they did fall.
I wondered when little kids fell flat on their bottom while trying to roller-skate, if it hurt less than adults because they had a shorter distance to fall.

Then I shook myself out of that thought provoking trance and thought once again
'You really think too much when you're bored gurl"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like ah nice shorty ;)

aka_lol said...

Hey Tunks, it's nice to see you bloging about again :)

The greatest hidden gift we can get is the gift of the unexpected awareness of boredom - aka :))

We can go to great heights because of boredom, and it doesn't matter if we are short or long. Boredom at its most intense can be a Catch-22 situation because when boredom stimulates the mind into an unconventional think-tank we cease being bored.

I don't think there are much differences between tall people and short people except for their height. When people are extremely tall or short they can suffer severely from high winds. The tall ones can topple like an unsecured flag pole at the slightest gust and the short ones can roll like tumbleweed. I also understand they now call short people vertically challenged and tall people tall people.

I am not bold enough to make public my preference between the two. In fact, height, or the lack of it isn't everything but we also need to consider width. That would be the subject of another blog-comment sometime in the very distant future :)

Tunks said...

'Shorty u keep playin wid my heart' *tunee* - Go Benko!!

Indeed aka - the too tall or too short can suffer equally when then gust of wind comes by. In reading that I had such a vivid image in my head...it was sort of disturbing in a very funny way.

Thanks folks

Anonymous said...

My child, life is your canvas. Ur words, ur tools, u have mastered, and using so dexterously u paint a picture of emotion deep. By knowing u I am inspired. Glad to know the being and the becomming. Ur gifts are greater than u know and u use them better than u will ever comprehend. Many thanks u diserve since motivation and inspiration are gifts without bound. By knowing you I have been gifted.....

Tunks said...

Thanks soo much Nicho. Thats means a lot to me.

You too have everything u need inside...