Friday, June 17, 2005

Battle of the Senses

Palms sweaty...cold feet...my heart beat a good bit faster than I'd like it to be, considering its taking away from my other senses, now that I have to hear the 'thump thump' in my chest and the whoosh of blood in my ears... humph.

The Kitchen is now the most dreaded place... what ever happened to the warm welcoming common gathering area for most food lovers like myself? Oh man...food. My appetite can be switched on and off in an instant now...It all depends on the results of my search of course...

I find my eyes dashing around the place with such frequency, you'd swear I was suffering from an odd version of ADS...but then again, I'm doing this with such urgency that I believe my entire demeanour is bordering on Paranoia. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, 'cuz now my eyes are getting tested regularly, without having to pay sky high doctor's fees, and the test of accuracy and precision helps strengthen those little muscles in there :)... (Thank you eyes for being so good to me)

Who ever said I needed to ctrl my gag reflexes? At times like these... I can throw up as quickly as it takes to blink my eyes or breathe in a whiff of air...and in this case, I mean that literally. I think it's an invasion... a plot to get me killed...my own bodily reactions that is. Why can't I bare to smell these things??

So there we have it folks...it's that time of the month ag... ok wait no. I mean, It's that time of the year again! when for some unknown reason, there is an unnecessarily large and forever increasing number of crazy ants finding it's home...in MY house! Come to think of it, there's no such thing as 'unnecessarily large' 'cuz the existence of these crazy little creatures isn't Necessary at all! I know somewhere in the food chain, Lord alone knows WHY, these ants were seen as necessary enough to be created and allowed to still be living... but in my books... I think they should all be sucked off the earth and thrown onto a different planet. Let them eat, breathe, and live there...not HERE...not in my kitchen...NOT in my food, my nice hot cup of Milo, my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, my roti and fry plantin, my glass of ice chilled water, my Moca chiller, my popcorn...not ON ME! Get away! Shoo!

The thing is.... I can't kill them :( ... 'cuz then I have this automatic and uncontrollable sudden allergic reaction or repulsion ... and I can throw up just about anything that entered my tummy in the last 24 hours.

So for now...I'll remain on the prowl...analysing every glass, bowl, cookie or piece of potato...suffer from my near anxiety attacks if I (God forbid) find them in attack mode, covering every inch of a piece of food or the next, so much that it's no longer recognizable...(oh man oh man oh man...the damn memories!) ... and continue to marvel at the volatility of my own appetite as I bow to the mercy of these horrid little creatures!


For now! *Muhahahahaha* ... *gulp*

11 comments:

Unknown said...

ok ok... perhaps you need a doctor to recommend a cookie diet :p
Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory comes to mind reading this for some reason... perhaps I have a pretty wierd sense of humour, i'll try to explain some other time

Anonymous said...

Baygon?

Rentokil?

aka_lol said...

Attack of The Crazy Ants - Part II , The Kitchen Chronicles :)

Apart form being very well written, I would describe this blog as amusingly suspenseful paranoia, which grips you to the *Muhahahahaha* ... *gulp* :)

"The Girl and The Ant"" has made a successful return, with all the charm, cleverness and intensity the author has become famous for :)

aka_lol said...

This was the line that was inadvertently omitted from my previous comment: Good going Tunks :))

Tunks said...

Oh my Benko.. You're evil! The idea of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory being invaded my ants!!! Man! Yuh want me to ever be able to eat again?! :p

Tunks said...

Thanks a lot aka ... The girl and the ant, has indeed returned...cept this time around, the ant brought about ALL his friends, family, aquaintances, nanny and nanna, aji and aja, d gardner, cook, butler and the army!

Anonymous said...

Tunks....
As always, you have a wonderfully unique way of making your words come to life......even if it borders on the strange...lol.

Stew

Tunks said...

Hahaha
Thank you Stew! for commenting :)
Nice to see a new face here

And yes yes..... a bit strange I am :p

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

nice blog tunks. if u can't beat them, eat them lol!

Tunks said...

lol thanks lol