Sunday, January 02, 2005

Surreality

My loved ones…

I revert to the title of this thread and marvel at the un-foretold precision at which it was chosen…merely because of its tergiversation quality. Sounds like an oxymoron maybe – but that’s the point isn’t it? It forever leaves space for the metamorphosis of any absolutes I may carelessly and stubbornly venture to express.

Ultimate reality is transcendental. It is not perceived by the senses or comprehended by the mind. It is a matter of indubitable experience for the inmost consciousness of man. It is directly and immediately experienced without the instrumentality of the senses and the mind and does not depend for it’s proof upon any external authority.

The perception of the world on the other hand, is neither direct nor immediate, but is dependent on the senses and the mind, and is always colored by them...tainted by the very same criteria of truth - authority, reasoning and experience. Reasoning however is often enslaved by the pitfalls of rationalization.

Rationalization – The cognitive process of making something seem consistent with or based on reason. Sigh. How often have our own reasoning been overcome by a brainstorm of rationalization. It seems as if reasons are no longer right or wrong once thrown to the mercy of perception. In our abstract world of evanescent relations and lines of principles…justification is merely yet another tool to evade ultimate reality and create life’s blurred edges so that everything fits together perfectly.

Hmm… that was my little brainstorm. Where I rationalize my knowledge of rationalization in an attempt to offer me some sort of peace of mind. We all do it.

However, this seems more mentally tasking than should be. Upon reflecting on the process of gracing the year we’ve now entered, it seems to me that there were no marked ingressions, no solid lines to cross or drastic changes. What could have been an opportunity for some sort of epiphany, just flowed smoothly…merged with such ineffable definitude that I am numbly struck by how outwardly unaffected and unscathed I seemed to have walked this path… Even more so by the subtle yet throbbing feeling of calm or dare I say…happiness that’s carved its way through my being.

Have I been blurring my edges?

I can only tell as the days go by…

I am grateful… yet aware of the inevitability of upheaval… and for some undefined strange reason… I accept it.

Goodnight

No comments: