Friday, November 16, 2012

My exam stress pattern


Studying for exams gets me stressed. I get stressed while studying for exams.
I'm finally realizing that my exam stress mode manifests in a number of ways:
I get moody... all sorts of moody.
Depressed, frustrated, despondent, hopeless
Then I get aggressive... all sorts of violent.
Angry, frustrated, murderous thoughts, destructive tendencies
I'm also very snappy
Lack of patience, lack of contact with people, lack of forbearance
I become needy
My sleeping suffers - either I can't sleep or I can't stay awake
I eat terribly - caffeine caffeine caffeine, snacks, junk, constant munching or no eating at all
I gain weight
I break down. I cry. I cry a lot.
I waste time. I procrastinate.
I start hating myself - a lot! I go through hours of regret and self berating.
Sick - I get really sick
Pain pain pain - RA flares, headaches, neck pain, fever, nausea, indigestion
Acceptance - I sometimes give up and give in.
Yet SOMEHOW, through all this... I manage to get work done and do marginally well
If I spent as much time studying as I did stressing, I would be a genius

No comments: