Thursday, November 10, 2011

Panic... Don't

Anxiety...
What is this?
The first time I got what I can call a true 'panic attack' was on January 1st 2011, in Woodfood Cafe in Chaguanas... where Mom, Dad & I decided to go in and 'check it out' ... It was shortly after finding out about mom's relapse and ... well, long story short, I found myself heart racing, head spinning, unable to breathe and needing to stand in 1 spot & hold on to a counter trying to calm down.
Now, 11 months later... this feeling is slowly becoming a part of my everyday life. Maybe not so much in intensity, but I'm a bundle of 'freaking out in my head' and keep consciously taking deep, steady diaphragmatic breaths. I've never been the anxious, scared, freaked out type... I am easily excitable, yes... but never this easily freaked. It's scary. I'm scary. I'm scared

No comments: