Saturday, November 19, 2011

My First Night in Milner


Thursday, 17 November 2011

My First Night in Milner

It’s 10pm on the dot and in lieu of the internet, I’ve decided to take my need for expression & addiction to typing to the white blank pages of a word document. Don’t get me wrong, we actually have internet here – it’s an Ethernet connection. However, after much trying and pushing the cord into both the blue and red ports (and even trying different Ethernet cords), my brother finally told me that ‘Oh the Ethernet port in your laptop doh work eh’ O_O ß yes… this was me. I realize that I would really be forced to do work tonight after all. 

I ventured out of my room after some time because I was really, REALLY, craving that coke that I had put in the fridge earlier today. This coke had a tiny little yellow post it label with ‘Tunks 320’ written on it; 320 is my room number. I actually requested this room in particular because of the view of campus, rather than the busy bus route. To fuel my conviction that room 320 was a better choice than my 310 and 311 options, I added that the latter 2 were situated too close to the common room and kitchen so chances of being disturbed by smells and noises would be higher. As I am typing this, I am beginning to be really thankful that I chose 320 after all, ‘cuz despite being pass the half-way point down the corridor, I can still hear the clatter and chatter of people fixing up dinner and watching some tv in the common room. It’s kind of comforting to be honest. Anyways, back to what I was saying… I ventured out for my coke. I met a girl in the kitchen, cooking some food. I forgot her name already … typical. She was really nice though, recognizing I was new, asking my name and where I’m from and then introducing me to the other guys who were gathered around the tv. She also told me the ‘blue’ Ethernet port is the right one to use.

Anyways, I’m gonna read some notes or a novel on my kindle. Oh, I don’t know if it’s the a/c or the altitude or all the tiles and blank walls… but the static electricity on me is super high. My clothes is sticking to me and my hair is all straight and scary. Last time this happened to me was when I was in India and England. Never really in Trinidad, at least not to this extent. All that’s left is to wake up tomorrow with a host of plastic bags gathered around my bed – that’s a story for next time.

Goodnight

No comments: