Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Let's drive & operate heavy machinery


I was asked today to take the car & go pick up my uncle since he had no transport to get by us (and no one home here was available) 


I grabbed my bag and keys and got out the house w/o even changing my flour covered home clothes or washing the grime off my face. I couldn't let that chance be taken away by a change of mind after time.


The realization that came after was profound!!! How amazingly liberating it feels, to drive... ALONE! Just myself in the car, a/c on ... but not even the radio. Just me, alone behind the wheel. No nagging voices and quarrelling that passes off as discussion. No co-pilot freaking out on my behalf and transferring their nervousness.  I always second guess myself and think that maybe I would never really find my driving groove. That maybe I will always be nervous.


But today I drove alone... and I was okie... I was at peace...  I was happy.... and it was the best I'd ever driven in my life!

No comments: