Thursday, April 07, 2011

I don't want to lose you

I've never re-blogged anything before... but this one hit me SO hard and SO close to home... I won't even bother to explain beyond just sharing it as it is...


"Sometimes you forgive people just for the simple fact that you still want them to be in your life.”
It’s a quote that has been plaguing me for lack of a better word for the better half of two days. Some pretty simple words save for the word “forgive” which is pretty poignant and powerful all on its own, but strung together to become a significant sentence.
Needless to say, that one phrase has been repeating itself on a constant loop over and over in my head, looming over me like the metaphorical rainy cloud everywhere I go with no umbrella in sight.
How is it, as complex creatures of this earth, born with the capacity to mull things over and analyze them with a hopeful resolution, that it is so difficult to bring some sense of coherence to a statement like this? When I say coherence I don’t mean logical sense because it is a phrase that is true in its entirety, but rather coherence in the sense that we understand, yet do nothing to rectify the emotional turmoil to which it’s attached.
Why forgive people just to keep them as permanent fixtures in your life? We forgive but never forget. We forgive while simultaneously massacring our entire self worth and dignity.
Permanent reminders of emotional scars are eternally embedded all because bad choices are made, founded on weak moments of selective memories of good times.  
I think human nature is synonymous with masochism.
We delude ourselves into thinking things could improve, and smile when we ought to be solemnly vowing that it will never happen again. Blaming anyone but yourself for this is absurd and irrational to say the least because we allow persons to think it’s ok because they will be forgiven.
They will always be the bad habit that we return to.

Written by 'Word Bits' to whom all credit goes to

No comments: