Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Touch your nose. Now can you imagine not being able to do that?


I went to the hospital yesterday for some x-rays and a post-op check up.
Yesterday has been one of the best days of my life thus far!!!

I can barely find words to properly describe this experience. I will start where my day started and digress a bit to the preamble.

I woke up from a dream shortly before 4am and I absentmindedly scratched at something tickling my face... then I became fully alert 'I can touch my face!' ... Yes folks, for the previous 2 days, my right elbow was that iffy that it could not bend beyond a 90 degrees, thus making it impossible to reach my own face/neck/head. Can you imagine what that is like?

For 2 days, I would instinctively reach towards my face to rub my eye, or I would pick up a snack/spoon/fork to put into my mouth, or I would try to sweep some stray hair from across my cheek and each time my hand would stop mid point (with pain as well of course) ... so for 2 days I had to eat with my left hand, hold my phone with my left hand, wash my face with my left hand and attempt the impossible task of brushing my teeth with my left hand. I even had my mom tie my hair into a pony tail because I couldn't.

So back to my 4am waking... I can touch my face!!! I kissed my hand!!! I kissed it with so much love. Thank you soooo much! Just 4 short hours into sleeping and I awake with the pain and stiffness gone! :)

Despite an early start, I arrived at the hospital pretty late (I really should start back driving)... But I didn't mind...

(Forgive me, for I need to stop here... I will continue this later)

PS: This suddenly reminds me of a story I heard once about what it must be like in Hell. People sitting at a table, full of food! A feast!! but their arms are outstretched and unable to reach their mouths... That is pretty torturous imho.

3 comments:

DeadEyes-_- said...

Damn :S When you take something so practical that we use absentmindedly, away from us, you gain a new feeling of how precious it is! And that feast thing really does sound torturous >< lols :)

kingofsorrow said...

ah, you bring back good memories off when i dislocated my shoulder tunks. some very funny and interesting times.
getting dressed, taking a shower, driving. not something i would like to repeat again.
glad your all healed up now. touch your nose one time for me.

Adele said...

I'm so glad things are getting better for you, Tanya! I can't imagine what it must be like to feel like your body is trapping you.