Sunday, April 16, 2006

Take a ride with me

I know I've always had odd little quirks and interests, most of which I dared not express farless try to actually explain to others.

Dipping the headlights. Flashing someone. I find this incredibly sexy. Yes yes I know, I used the word sexy! Say we're driving down the road and reach the itnersection to turn off, we would slow down, put on the indicator and wait. When an approaching car, seeing our need, flashes its headlights indicating that we are free to turn before them... I feel a sudden rush of pleasure! I can't quite describe it. It's something of a power play... the joining of 2 people in unspoken conversation and understanding. One submitting to the other, yet at the same time taking the upper hand in giving permission...I just find it amazing and... sexy ;)

Here's another example. We're speeding down the highway like most Trini's do. We notice that some of the approaching cars on the opposite lane has their headlights on...immediatly we know we should slow down since somewhere higher up on our side of the road, the police is timing. Again, I can't help but smile when this happens. Ramdom folks, going about their lives decide to take a moment to think about their fellow brothers and sisters behind the wheel. We're all partners in crime... ganging up against the quest of the police. We share that moment, exchange information and concern...and continue on our way. Beautiful huh?

These same people and their same headlights can be a source of extreme annoyance when they refuse to dip their lights coming down the road on a dark night. Hmmm... but I'd prefere that to a blaring horn anyday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

when ppl don't dip their healights it angers me. As for that thing, I never really considered it yknow, I suppose it takes me a moment to register this. I kinda slow nah.

Tunks said...

Ohh....that thing. The powerplay and submissive, dominiant roles. Hmmm...maybe it's just me. Thanks for reading Jason :)

Anonymous said...

ppl using bright lights inconsiderately should be shot

Tunks said...

Maybe just the headlights should be shot @..... let d ppl live to pay for the damages :)

aka_lol said...

I also like the connection we humans make with flashing headlights. I onced stopped at a busy intersection to allow a pretty girl turn. I flashed my headlights like a car overheating, to signal to her my intentions. She replied in kind and promtly turned and smiled. The eye contact must have been for a briref second, but it was the best second I had that day. You are right Tunks, it's the simple things in life which makes us happy, like flashing lights and flashing smiles from pretty girls :)

Tunks said...

Simple things :)