Friday, December 01, 2006

All in 1 hour

I just came home from a Focus Group I was involved in for the CNMG (Caribbean News Media Group). It was actually a focus group on behalf of the CNMG, carried out by an Advertising and Market Research company. It was short and sweet and pretty much an example of what I want to do in the future regarding my carrer...@ least a stepping stone. Interesting huh? I really appreciated getting the opportunity to participate.

Here are some things I learnt:

  • I don't listen to a huge range of radio stations (cept 95.1, 93.5 & 97.1)
  • I don't have any concept of favorite brands of clothing (@ least not for myself, I can quicker pick up my fav. clothes on guys :p)
  • I really do have a more extensive articulate vocabulary than I thought I did
  • I really am 'more thought, less talk' when I'm not yet comfortable with ppl
  • The non Bsc. program students are... hmmm... 'young'? Despite similar ages. Today reminded me of being back in a High School (cept it'll be co'ed)
  • School feels incomplete without 'the gang'
  • A lot of ppl don't know what 'blogging' means
  • Working for a Marketing & Research agency really needs objectivity & fast writing skills & remembering names :p

Isn't it sweet to just give a factual/opinionated day to day account kinda blog? No strange deep thoughts ae!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

focus groups is such an american concept...

Tunks said...

And they got some seriously large and successful businesses there. SO lets hope it works for these guys

Anonymous said...

You wouldn't notice. You melt right in with anyone, I'm talking about anyone. You can be sitting in between a Catholic priest and a homicidal, gay, pro abortionist, and probable get along with both at the same time. When you guys came here, you guys melted right in. It was so cool.