Wednesday, June 07, 2006

To Justify the Unjustifiable

A fellow blogger gave me this idea; to reintroduce some of my favorite entries. The following piece I found very applicable to my life once again and no matter how many times I read it, it always brings new meaning. I hope it does the same for you.

"...The human mind is most amazing considering the ease to which our own fundamental views and values can be twisted, blurred and downright manipulated to validate and justify the decision of any passing action or thought; that upon reflection, gets swept away with yet another passing moment in time... never consciously noted but almost always that sort after instigator for future trials and burdens.

We often stop and wonder... regret. Yet we never indulge any form of machocism to face the truth ... and that is, we have been, still are and always will be the the most active player in any game we find ourselves in...rather, any game we design and build around us."


From: The simplicity of a complicated mind

4 comments:

Traveller0000 said...

hmm, this idea sounding familiar...

Tunks said...

Aye good to see ya cherry.
farmiliar huh? guess we know d same fellow blogger :p
Thanks for reading

Anonymous said...

The human mind is indeed something else.....

A lil food for thought for me today...

lol

Tunks said...

freal
Glad I can nourish ur mind lol :)