Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I wish you were here to see

Dear Ma
Today was a big day for me. I missed you a lot during it all.
Firstly, I drove into POS by myself - heart of Port of Spain! I had to get to the corner of Duke and Abercromby for an interview and then I took Fredrick street all the way out. All I kept thinking about was all the times I came POS with you --- on official business or shopping for curtains. Now look at me... having to do it on my own.
Secondly, today I got signed for my very first job. I still can't believe it. Thank you for bringing me up involved in the Sai Organisations because all the service and outreach programmes I've done has helped me tremendously during interviews. Not forgetting the work with the newsletter and bulletin. And like you said, children get their brains from their mothers and I have a pretty high GPA. So that helped as well. I'll be working in San'do, not too far from your school.
Lastly, I got another A in a final exam. It's most likely going to be my only A since this past semester was terrible for me exam wise.
I love you and miss you sooooo much!
PS: I'm gonna be wearing all your work suits (it's what got me through these past few weeks of interviews, including getting the job today)

No comments: