Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Flowers in the Attic

Flowers in the Attic (Dollanganger, #1)Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


When I was a budding teen, my mom always warned me never to read this mysterious 'Flowers in the Attic' book. Now more than a decade later, I am SO glad I heeded her back then! I HATED this story!!! and as such, I give it 5 STARS. Peculiar huh? It's not because I liked it, or really liked it (according to goodreads lesser star meanings) but because it was indeed amazing! I found myself so engrossed in this book that I entirely forgot that it was fiction, I even found myself locked in my room reading constantly forgetting that maybe I should (and CAN) come out. The story sucked me in and I cringed and protested and hated every second of it but for an author to wield a story that reads so simply, yet evokes such intense feeling of loathing and distress, I have nothing but admiration and amazement. I can say without a doubt, this was one of the most disturbing books I've ever read and I will never, ever forget it. Suffice it to say, when I have kids, I would give them to same advice as my mom gave me :p



View all my reviews

No comments: