Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Classes today

Today, for both my classes, I somehow ended up sitting within close proximity of my tutors and making a lot of contributions to the discussions, even if only with questions and queries. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but in a way I am. I keep wanting to think that I'm shy, maybe I am. I am theorizing a correlation between sitting up in front and the ease of which I can comment and query things in class.
Essentially it comes down to simply this: 
1. I cannot see the people sitting behind me so it's easy to create a bubble where it's just the teacher and myself and block everyone else out, and
2. being within direct visual contact of the tutor, it's also easier for me to speak when they glance at me first during the cursory perusal of the otherwise blank faces - which sometimes include my own.

No comments: