Sunday, May 28, 2006

Brick Lane


I quote from the book i'm reading 'Brick Lane - Monica Ali'
'Anything is possible, so everything I wanted was possible,' Chanu went on. 'But what about all the other possibilities? The ones we never see when we are young, but are there all along. One day you wake up and say to yourself, I didn't choose this. And then you spend a long time thinking, but did I?'.... 'The thing about getting older,' said Chanu, 'is that you don't need everything to be possible anymore, you just need some things to be certain.'

Makes me wonder if I really want what I want and if I really choose what I did. Maybe I like the uncertainty...

2 comments:

aka_lol said...

I am not sure we choose what we have, even subconsciously. We can choose from all the possibilities we know of, but that doesn't mean they will happen. I don't think there are many people who would want a bad life, but look at how many people have them. We can only work at what we think is right and hope it gets us to the correct place. Everybody wants to be happy but not everybody is happy with the same thing. Want less, have less, worry less, enjoy more - that is a philosophy worth examining.

Tunks said...

^^ worth examining indeed